Everyone loves to have a blueprint for success in their hands for business and personal goals. I know I do. The blueprint serves as our roadmap to accomplishing our targets and objectives. It is best to start with a good foundation at the base of every blueprint, roadmap, and plan.
The Importance of a Foundation
Once the foundation is secure, you can begin the journey which will be fraught with success and lessons. What a windy journey it can turn out to be with twists, turns, forward movement, side to side, and backward movement along the way. One thing is certain for any blueprint, roadmap, and platform to be effective — it is just the beginning of a foundation for your rock-solid vision to launch from. Where you want to go and what you want to accomplish will take work, knowledge, training, skills, confidence, and a can-do belief in yourself and the team around you.
The Leadership Blueprint
Use this leadership blueprint as a roadmap for developing your business and your people. It is a pathway that you use as a beginning and a foundation to start building energy for your launch.
- Form a Vision — clearly defined.
- Gain Commitment — garner agreement with the vision.
- Clarify the Vision — the details, targets, KPIs, objectives, and goals.
- Create the Pathway — the processes, SOPs, procedures, and operating practices.
- Build Support — share the vision with communication, clarity, and continuity.
- Remove obstacles — let go of the unhealthy distractions.
- Define & Assign Responsibilities — create job descriptions with expectations and clear timelines.
- Build the Team — direct, coach, support, and delegate while growing and developing everyone.
- Lead the Way — leverage talent, engage culture, and create a safe work environment.
One Step at a Time
Whew! That is a lot of work! Take one step at a time and concentrate on working through the fear (false evidence appearing real) by maintaining consistency and discipline in your belief that this can be done. Remember when you are learning and growing to Plan (have a course of action), Do (put it in place), Check (review the feedback and results), Act (make a change or remain consistent depending on your results), and Keep Moving.
Executing the leadership blueprint can be easy with a good team working in an engaging culture that is dedicated to a shared vision with the owner, leader, or manager. Try it and please share your feedback with us on what you put into action in your business. Ready, set, launch!
Non-ATI Members: Learn how leadership development, training, and coaching will assist you on your journey as an owner, manager, and leader. Join one of our shop owner events to get started.