Effective date: April 8, 2019
Automotive Training Institute, Inc. (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the website (the “Website”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data and usage data when you use our Website and the choices you have associated with that data.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Website, we may collect or ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (collectively, “Personal Data”), such as:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Company name
- Company title or role
- If attending a workshop – the number of attendees
- Phone number
- Physical address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal Code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data (as defined below)
- Internet Protocol Address (“IP Address”)
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website or when you access the Website by or through an electronic device (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Website by or through an electronic device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of electronic device you use, your electronic device unique ID, the IP address of your electronic device, your electronic device’s operating system, the type of electronic device internet browser you use, unique electronic device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
How Personal Data is Collected
You directly provide us with most of the Personal Data that we collect. We collect and process Personal Data in the following ways:
- Through the course of your use of the Website and our products and services.
- When you register online or place an order for any of our products or services or create an account on our Website.
- Through your use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- When you voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback via email or any message boards or otherwise provide us with any reviews, questions, answers, comments, feedback or suggestions.
- When you contact us to request information or services via our website contact form or via email.
- When you subscribe to any newsletters or emails from us.
How Personal Data is Used
We use the collected Personal Data for the various purposes listed below. The legal bases for each of the below purposes includes our legitimate business purpose (i.e., the provision of our Website), and if applicable, and depending on the circumstances, to provide services to you or perform a contract between you and us. The purposes include:
- To provide and maintain the Website.
- To notify you about changes to our Website.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website when you choose to do so.
- To provide customer care and support.
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Website and our products and services.
- To monitor the usage of the Website.
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
- To email you regarding products and services we think you may be interested in. We may request your consent in certain circumstances where a legal justification greater than legitimate business purposes is required by applicable law.
- To communicate with you and respond to any questions you have raised with us.
- To improve our marketing of our products and services.
Credit and Debit Card Details
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Website.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Website.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Website.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Transfer of Data; Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security, and any transmission is at your own risk.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data; Who We May Share Your Personal Data With
Automotive Training Institute, Inc. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Automotive Training Institute, Inc.
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website or Automotive Training Institute, Inc.
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public.
- Protect against legal liability.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website (“Website Providers”), to provide the Website on our behalf, to perform Website-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Website is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are not permitted to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Other Permitted Disclosures
We may share your Personal Data with entities affiliated with Automotive Training Institute, Inc. or with personal advisors, such as accountants and lawyers, who assist us in carrying out our business purposes and activities.
Links to Other Sites
Your Data Protection Rights
The below table applies only to individuals located in the European Union and European Economic Area:
We want to make sure you are fully aware of your data protection rights. Each user is entitled to the following:
The right of access: You have the right to request copies of your Personal Data from us. We may charge a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is incorrect and to request that we complete information that you believe to be incomplete.
The right to erasure: You have the right to request that we erase your Personal Data under certain situations, and provided that we do not have a compelling reason for keeping it.
The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances. For instance, you may object to the use of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
The right to data portability: You have the right to request that we transfer the data we have collected to another organization or directly to you, under certain circumstances, such as where the use of your Personal Data is based on your consent or the performance of a contract, and when such use of your Personal Data is carried out by automated means.
The right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we rely on your consent to use your personal information.
How Long We Will Keep Your Personal Data
We will keep your Personal Data for the period of time that you remain a member of, or registered with, our Website, and for ten (10) years after you cancel your membership or unregister with us.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from an electronic device application or browser.